PRAYER SAVES LIFE
because it reminds us that what is important is not subject to any virus…
( L M Epicoco )
As you know, Italy was the country most affected by the coronavirus pandemic and Lombardy more dramatically. Concern and fear have been with us from 23 February onwards.
The first initiative taken by the Communities has been and still is to pray for ourselves and for the whole world with
- Eucharistic Adoration, every day,
- Community meetings based on the word of God and shared reflections
- the prayer of the Rosary in union with Pope Francis and the whole Church
- attention and care for our community relationships by mutual listening and support, especially for the elderly and sick Sisters or those suffering from family loss.
The Communities have kept in touch with the outside world, despite the isolation and severe restriction:
- with families, through video-conference meetings or by receiving and making phonecalls, listening and encouraging people, especially the most vulnerable.
- with the school, offering a short reflection or daily prayer for everyone (video)
- with catechesis for children and young people, with talks and religious lessons by distance-learning.
- with the parish and parish groups and also with the Friends of Mary Ward group
- with the spiritual accompaniment of people who had already begun a journey.
- Each Community has supported its local hospital and civil defence with a contribution (Merate, Vicenza, Rovereto).
We have made ourselves available to collaborate with Caritas, also offering a contribution for good meals and support for families in need.
Sr. Letizia and the Sisters of the Italian Province.
By necessity our space may have been restricted within the walls of our house, but have a larger heart, where the other may always find availability and welcome.